Discover more from 1947 Tech Newsletter 🇮🇳
1947 Rise ☀️: 225
22 unicorns in year 2022!
1. Indians are taking over corporate America-and tech layoffs won’t stop them. Here’s why you should…
Companies currently led or owned by Indians have a market capitalization of more than $6 trillion, just over 10% of the total market cap of all companies listed on the NASDAQ
Family and education.
2. 2022 in Review: From OneCard to 1mg, 22 startups that turned unicorns this year
India added fewer unicorns to its list this year with just 22 firms achieving the startup industry’s highly desired status in 2022, down from the previous year’s total of 46.
LivSpace, an online retailer for home renovation supplies, 1mg, Purplle, Games24x7, DealShare, and OneCard, an issuer of consumer credit cards, were a few of the well-known consumer businesses that joined the unicorn club this year.
1947 Operator-angels ✨
Hear out Pratekk Agarwaal’s journey from being an operator for 15 years to becoming a full-time operator-led fund manager.”
- What drove Pratekk to angel investing and his first angel investment.
- How does he source deals and evlaute founders
- His investing process
- Learnings from angel investing
- Thesis of GrowthCap
- Sold his house to become to invest in startups
- Advise for operator angels
Full conversation ☀️ https://bit.ly/3FLTlmS
Worth your attention:
Money View bags $75 mn from Apis Partners at $900 mn valuation Link
Exclusive | BigBasket raises $200 million from Tata Digital, others; valuation hits $3.2 billion Link
Amid funding winter, Sequoia and Accel lead VC investments Link
PE giant Advent backs Tredence in Series B fundraise Link
Adani effect propels India to become the best-performing stock market in 2022 Link
Flipkart completes full separation of PhonePe Link
Edtech Startup Collegedekho gets $9 million from Winter Capital Link
Agritech startup Eggoz raises $8.8 million Link