Discover more from 1947 Tech Newsletter 🇮🇳
1947 Rise ☀️: 336
Byju’s, Pichai and Modi.
1. Byju’s key investors confirm board exits
Prosus, Peak XV Partners and Chan Zuckerberg Initiative confirmed Friday that their representatives have resigned from the board of Byju’s, India’s most valuable startup that is also reeling from the departure of its auditor Deloitte this week.
The board members’ resignations — which Byju’s vehemently denied on Thursday — came shortly after global auditing giant Deloitte told the startup’s board that it was resigning from its role. Deloitte, which was slated to work with Byju’s until 2025, said that the edtech giant had failed to hand over financial results for the year ended March 2022.
2. Pichai meets Modi, announces Google will invest $10 billion in India’s digitisation fund
Indian-origin CEO of Google and parent company Alphabet, Sundar Pichai, on Friday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Washington, after which the executive announced that his organisation would be investing $10 billion in India’s digitisation fund.
Prime Minister Modi was on a three-day state visit to the United States, where he has been meeting the chief executives of major global players including Micron and Applied Materials, both of whom have committed to investing in India
1947 VC ✨
My conversation with Boris Wertz is live.
Investing in Emerging Fund Managers is a GREAT bet.
- The founding story of Version One Ventures
- Importance of Portfolio Construction
- From $15M to 225M in AUM
- Fundraising from LPs
- How to reinvent yourself to stay relevant
- Why investing in Emerging Fund Managers is a GREAT bet
- Criteria for investing in startups and Emerging Fund Managers
- India's growth & tech's role in the coming decades
- Similarities between Indian & North American VC ecosystems
- What's his day like?
- His obsession outside of work
And much more!
Full Conversation: https://bit.ly/3PrCOuS
Worth You Attention
IdeaForge Tech CEO Ankit Mehta on going public: IPO issue subscribed within hours on Day 1 Link
Arkam Ventures launches $180 million second fund Link
Eye Mantra secures $10M from MantraCare to fuel expansion Link
BillionElectric raises $10 million in seed funding, launches e-MaaS platform Link
Sneaker reseller Mainstreet Marketplace raises $2 million from Deepinder Goyal, Nikhil Kamath… Link
BluJ Aero secures $2.25 million in funding led by Endiya Partners Link
EV startup Oben raises Rs 40 crore in extended pre-Series A round Link